Would you or somebody you know be interested in joining our Board of Trustees at Lister Steps?
Lister Steps was set up in 1997 by parents for parents to address the need for community services and affordable childcare in Tuebrook. We take pride in our 24 year history of supporting families and providing quality services.
Since 2012 Lister Steps campaigned to save the Beautiful Grade 11 listed Carnegie Library owned by the Liverpool City Council. In 2016 we secured an award from the National Lottery Heritage Fund for the full restoration of the Library and to support a programme of activities designed to generate community cohesion, develop skills, encourage entrepreneurship, educate and bring enjoyment to the people of Tuebrook, and of course to become a new home for Lister Steps. The full restoration was completed in October 2020. We regard this as a fantastic achievement.
The relocation of Lister steps to the Old Library will now enable us to achieve our long term vision:
‘To be the spark that makes our area a better place to live and work.’
We would like to recruit trustees who:
- Want to be part of the evolving and further development of the charity, ensuring that it continues to meet the needs of the people who use our services in a positive and innovative way.
- Perhaps have a personal connection with the area
- Are parents/carers of children attending our childcare services.
- Have the time and commitment to actively work together with the Members of the Board to drive the charity forwards. The Board meets once a month and is responsible for setting the strategy and policies of Lister Steps, and guides and supports the CEO and her staff.
- Can bring experience, specialist skills and/or a relevant network.
- We are particularly interested to recruit people who have one or more of the following skills:
Finance Management – we are looking to appoint a new Treasurer.
PR, Marketing or event management.
Human Resources and law
Social Enterprise/Project management
If you are interested in joining the Board and would like more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org